RMIT graduate Fithriyah Shalihah talks about her journey to become an Engineer working for Telstra.
RMIT University presents Fithriyah Shalihah:
This video features a female narrator (Fithriyah Shalihah). There is no dialogue apart from the narration. The video opens up with a shot of Fithriyah working on a laptop as her narration begins. Throughout the video we see her working on different devices as well as interacting with different people while upbeat music plays in the background.
Duration: 1 minute 33 seconds
The ability to connect instantly and seek out information on demand is now our way of life.
All the devices we interact with on a daily basis have foundations in electronics and communications.
I'm an engineer at Telstra where I'm gaining valuable experience and network infrastructure in electronic communications.
As we move toward a more connected way of living with the internet of-things, I'm helping to ensure our core networks are prepared for these increasing demands.
Working with a team of engineers, we're developing next generation technology and creating a road map for the next decade.
I studied the Bachelor of Electronic and Communications Engineering at RMIT.
It provided lots of opportunity to interact with technology in a simulated environment, observing the life cycle from design and testing through to development.
I gained valuable on the ground experience during a work placement working for a global communications company in Indonesia.
At RMIT, I learn about fundamentals of communications and electronics and the problem solving skills I gained prepared me for my career.
In this industry, you need to be adaptable, forever learning, and moving with the technology.
I love what I do because we are continually pushing the boundaries.
The more I look to the future, the more I realise how important it is to understand how technology impacts business and society.
RMIT University logo
CRICOS provider number 00122A
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.