Michael Snow: 'Be true to you'
Mike Snow completed the Master of Engineering (Sustainable Energy) at RMIT.
This video depicts scenes of Michael Snow looking out over a city intercut with footage of a young boy wearing cape walking through a pristine environments
Duration: 1:00 mins
[Opening Title ]
RMIT University presents Michael Snow, Masters in Engineering (Sustainable Energy).
Michael Snow: There's a question we all ask ourselves at some point during our career why do I do what I do? I think if you can answer the why then you're in the right place.
My name is Michael Snow.
My job is to find energy savings for clients where others can't. That means identifying inefficiencies, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and implementing energy solutions from renewable sources. We're saving the world one little bit at a time.
I studied my Masters in Engineering in Sustainable Energy at RMIT. At RMIT I developed the tools I needed to apply my learning to real world situations. That's the key, theory and practise need to work together.
My work in sustainability has taken me to Denmark the UK and Germany. This is important because the environment doesn't have borders. We all share the world and it's up to us to protect it.
I really enjoy what I do. And the why? We all have our reasons.
RMIT University logo.
Be true to you.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.