Thomas Harris is studying RMIT's Bachelor of Information Technology (Games Graphics Programming).
VISUAL: RMIT Logo on White background.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Thomas Harris, Bachelor of Information Technology (Games and Graphics Programming).
AUDIO: Ambient instrumental music.
THOMAS HARRIS SPEAKS: I've always been interested in computers and video games.
VISUAL: Thomas Harris working on a computer.
THOMAS HARRIS SPEAKS: RMIT's Games Graphics Programming degree gave me an interesting way to gain programming skills.
THOMAS HARRIS SPEAKS: I really like that our subjects are designed to replicate working in industry. We form development groups with students from the art and design degrees.
VISUAL: Harris sitting with teammates working with laptops on a table.
THOMAS HARRIS SPEAKS: Together we work on our own projects. It's a great way to experience how a real game studio works. It helps us to understand how people with very different skills and ideas work together to create great games. This can be challenging but it's always very rewarding.
VISUAL: Harris working on a computer and talks with male.
THOMAS HARRIS SPEAKS: The degree is continually updated so subjects are always in line with industry trends. This included the addition of an iPhone development course which has given me the skills to work as a freelance application developer.
VISUAL: Harris uses his iPhone and meet with male at a coffee shop.
THOMAS HARRIS SPEAKS: I haven't graduated yet but working with real clients and distributing my software worldwide is a great start to my career.
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.