Starting out at university can feel like speaking a foreign language, but with a little help you’ll be fluent in no time.
University can feel like another world. With a language that at first, you might not understand. But with a little help you'll easily get what everyone's talking about.
Forget your A's and B's, now it's P's, D's, and HD's. HD's are high distinctions, the holy grail of grades. The more HD's you get the higher your GPA.
If your studies were fast food, your major would be a burger, your minor would be the fries, and electives well they're like Szechuan sauce, something spicy on the side.
As for your classes, you'll attend lectures, where someone will get up and do the talking, tutorials where you can join in the conversation, and lab classes where you'll get your hands dirty and do cool stuff.
If someone mentions, myRMIT, or myTimetable, they don't actually own them, they're talking about the online student portal, and online Timetable.
And don't forget about O Week, which might just be the best week of your life. So talk the talk, and jump online to learn the lingo.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.