Speaker: Marcus Porcaro
Element number Three.
In this video we're going to show you how to check if you have a course 'Welcome and orientation' module and we'll also look at how to update your 'Course resources' page as well.
So navigate to the 'Modules' page in your course navigation and the first module you should see in your template is the 'Welcome to course' page or 'Welcome and orientation' module. And there you'll have a series of pages- the 'Welcome to course' page, a 'Teaching team or Staff details' page, 'Course resources' page, 'Canvas in this course', 'Policies and guidelines', 'Library and study support' or 'RMIT Study Support' and 'Course queries monitored FAQ' page.
Now your template may have some slightly different names 'Teaching team' maybe 'Staff details' or 'Staff contacts' and they may be in a slightly different order as well. So if you've got the 'Welcome to course' orientation module there, then just check you have all those pages. One of these pages is the 'Course resources' page.
So to access that click on the 'Course resources' page button and that'll take you to the course resources page. On this page there's a series of headings we have 'Set text', 'Software equipment', 'Licensing and accreditation requirements' and 'Group registration'. It's important
you fill out all of these with information that's relevant to your course. If you have any set texts make sure you put any information there about text that students need to acquire, any software that they need to buy, any equipment that they need to buy, any licensing or accreditation that they need to obtain, any group registrations that they need to enrol in to. Make sure that if under any of these headings they don't need anything write 'Not required in this course', rather than just deleting the information or deleting the heading. This will keep consistency across all courses. So to update this page all you need to do is in the top right hand corner click 'Edit'. That'll open up the rich text editor and you can start editing your text.
So here we have the 'Course resources' page with all the information that the students will need about resources or licences they'll need to require in order to complete the course.
And that's Element Number Three done.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.