Element 4: welcome to the course page
Speaker: Marcus Porcaro
Okay so Element Number Four.
In this video we're going to show you how to update your 'Welcome to course page' by adding in a welcome video that you've created and adding in your links to your Course Guide. Click open the 'Welcome to Course' page in your 'Welcome' module there. Go to the 'Edit' button. So first you'll need to have your video uploaded into Arc. If you're unsure how to do this there is some supporting material to show you how. Once your video is in Arc, select the area that you want it to go in your text screen, navigate to the 'More External Tools' button, click it open and you'll have the Arc button in there as well.
Select Arc and select your video. You can toggle comments on or off, in this case I'll choose no comments and click the tick. My video is now inside this page and we will press 'Save'. You can see the videos uploaded here nicely and it plays.
If we scroll back up to 'Edit', we will now add in the links to your course guides. It our 'Edit' screen scroll down to your text or you can put in your own text if you'd like if it's not there, select the area that you want to create a hyperlink to your course guide and select the 'Link to URL' button. Copy and paste your URL into the text area there, press insert link and you have now created a hyperlink for your course guide. Repeat the same steps for Part B by selecting your Part B URL, copying it, pasting it into the area and insert link.
Scroll down and press 'Save'. So here's our 'Welcome to course' page. We have a video and our course guide links and that's Element Number Four done.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.