[START OF TRANSCRIPT]
Vice-chancellor Martin Bean speaking directly to camera:
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS: Wominjeka everybody and happy International Women's Day!
As the Vice-Chancellor of a University that prides itself on inclusion, innovation and community, this year's theme says it all - better the balance, better the world.
This isn't women's business. It's everyone's business. And it's good business.
We have an opportunity to make a difference as a true role model of gender equality in our community, and our continued focus has created strong momentum.
Just recently RMIT was named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the second year in a row.
We have gender parity on RMIT's Council, my Executive team, and among the wider Executive leadership group.
We've also passed the 40% mark for women in senior leadership.
But I promise you we won't stop pushing until it's an even split.
Our Athena SWAN action plan is focused squarely on supporting the success of women in STEMM fields and we won't rest until we lead the way.
We're continuing to analyse remuneration to identify inequity and we're supporting all our carers, whatever their gender or life need.
I'm confident we're heading in the right direction but there's more to do and we need to do it together.
Equal opportunity is an absolute - so until there are no exceptions, no pockets of inequality or small oversights remaining, the task of change still lies ahead and it's ours to shape.
I want the RMIT community to feel empowered to press hard for equality in every way. Because balance is better for everybody.
[END OF TRANSCRIPT]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.