Aligning ourselves for success in 2019
VISUAL: RMIT Vice Chancellor and President Martin Bean sits and addresses camera.
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS: I often speak about the need to embrace contemporary ways of working – whether you’re a graduate entering the workforce, a professional or academic staff member, a new student fresh from school, or one of our many lifelong learners.
That’s why, in 2019, we’ll be doing things in a different way. We’ll be dialling up our efforts to close in on the aspirations set out in our Ready for Life and Work strategy.
We’ve created a red thread that links our strategy, our 2019 operating-plan and our people. No silos, no outliers, working as one University, with a common set of values and five clear areas of focus.
We’re applying a more connected approach to how we plan and work as a leadership team.
It started with simply rolling up our sleeves and getting serious about working together. We strategised openly and collaboratively - we challenged, we debated and we iterated.
We sharpened our ideas and agreed the right Areas of Focus to power our delivery towards 2020.
And most importantly we did this across portfolios, colleges and schools. And that’s how we’ll continue to operate.
As you know, we emerged with clear alignment across five areas that give clarity to what we should all be focused on:
- Service culture
It’s been challenging and very rewarding.
By creating a clear connection between our Areas of Focus and our Portfolio Plans, everyone will know how they contribute through the work they do. And that’s the foundation of engagement and it’s the secret of success.
When we get it right – and we’re going to – the red thread will connect seamlessly from our Strategy, through our Areas of Focus and Portfolio plans, and loop right back to the Annual Operating Plan that guides everything we do.
Connected to this thread are all the incredible RMIT people who make it all happen.
By breaking down the silos and working as one RMIT, our people are going to feel part of a culture that will be second to none.
I’m excited about the year ahead and I hope you are too.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.