Areas Of Focus City Roadshow
AUDIO: Music starts.
TEXT ON SCREEN: areas of focus Roadshow 2019.
And if we can start to think of the University at enterprise lens, rather than as an individual area lens.
One of the things I've seen work so well, in all the colleges, is where a real opportunity turns into another opportunity to develop, let's say, a professional practice or a research project. And it's part of our job, all of our jobs, to see the connectivity between those various parts.
And to break down those silos, is actually going to take a damn lot of hard work, and a lot of courage, and a lot of trust from every single person in this university to make it happen.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Areas of focus, 2019. Industry, realising our competitive advantage. Global, accelerating your ambition in Asia. People, futurity and values-led. Student, remarkable learning experiences. Service culture, enabling an exceptional service experience.
I think, one of the joys of working for a company resend everybody come together and realise what you can get done together.
The turnout from so many areas around the university just shows how important this is. Have invested everyone is into this process.
Yeah, I think, is one of the first opportunities that we've had to hear how each of the focus areas work in a synergistic way with the other.
I found it very useful, because I think that it's very ambitious in a large organisation to know how everything ties together.
We do some things really well, but we have some areas where it's pretty frustrating on how we go about our daily work. And that's what service culture is all about. It's about introducing simpler and smarter ways of getting things done.
And definitely, going to build on what we started in 2018, and the fantastic successes we've seen from that. And if you haven't looked at our GOS recently, we went from 21 to place number 10 that puts us in the top 10 of universities in Australia.
The challenge that we've got, is a lot of other universities have realised the value of engaging with industry, and they are catching up. So, we need to accelerate what we do to stay ahead of the game.
As we go to industry, more and more, we need to make sure that we are relevant to everything that they need.
Now, we're looking to a deliverable of this and deliver exceptional growth. We need to make sure that we don't break the amazing work that we do today.
So, the programs that work this year around the area of focus for people are twofold. They are really about, one, RMIT and contemporary ways of working. And the second piece of work is around building a workforce for today and for tomorrow.
VISUAL: Quick, successive shots of conference participants.
What the focus area construct does is call out our most important stakeholder groups in contexts but connect them.
VISUAL: Quick, successive shots of jar with purple wrapped chocolates, "People" written on display, conference participants.
I wonder if… what it would be like if we knew what RMIT knows. And I suspect that we know very little about what RMIT knows, collectively.
VISUAL: Person connecting string between pins, conference participants and "Student" written on display.
But if we can synchronise that more, then I think we are more likely to achieve the leap that we need to achieve.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.