In this 90 second update Belinda Morrish, Senior Project Officer Athena SWAN discusses flexible working at RMIT with Amy Love, Diversity and Inclusion Manager for staff.
Belinda Morrish: Hi there. I'm Belinda Morrish and I'm here with Amy Love, who's the diversity and inclusion manager for staff at RMIT. So Amy, there's been quite a bit happening in gender equality recently. Can you tell us a bit about how all the elements fit together?
Amy Love: Okay, good question. Well, back in 2016, RMIT made a significant commitment around diversity inclusion and really living our value of inclusion. We're focusing on flexible working at RMIT with toolkits and training for managers and staff. This is important for us to support staff and work/life needs.
Belinda: And Amy, what developments can staff expect to see in diversity and inclusion this year?
Amy: Flexible working at RMIT is incredibly important to us. How do staff meet work/life needs? We need to find that balance, not only for women, but for men. Our parental programmes keep in touch our dads network will continue momentum. More importantly, we need to look to our data to inform decision making and especially with our pay-equity review, it's a key milestone this year. So when we look at the workplace gender equality agents and when we look at Athena Swan and the gender equality action plan, this will support RMIT to be employer choice for women.
Belinda: If staff wanted to learn more about diversity inclusion, where should they go?
Amy: The diversity inclusion website, and also feel free to contact any member of the gender equality working group.
Belinda: Thanks, Amy.
Amy: Okay. Thank you.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2018 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.