Be the change 2019
Be the change video 2019
RMIT VC MARTIN BEAN BE THE CHANGE VIDEO 2019 TRANSCRIPT
[Start of Transcript]
RMIT Vice-Chancellor Martin Bean sits and talks directly into camera:
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
At RMIT we protect and uphold the fundamental right of every student and staff member to feel safe. We must accept nothing less.
Because we want everyone – and I mean everyone – to have the opportunity to be their best, shape their future and belong.
For me, it all begins with respect. A community built on respect is inclusive. It’s productive and creative. And it’s safe.
As Vice-Chancellor, I’m proud to be part of a broader movement to address gender inequality and reduce the harm it causes.
We’re continuing to implement the full recommendations from last year’s Australian Human Rights Commission, as well as those from Universities Australia.
In 2019 we’ll make it easier for students to access support for sexual harm, continue our bystander training, and develop a microcredential on consent.
And we won’t stop there because one incident remains one too many.
At RMIT we work to shape the world for the better, to elevate lives through education and to have a positive impact on the communities around us.
We will continue to stand for what is right, shout it loudly, and teach current and future generations that we must always show respect. Every day and in every situation. No excuses.
Please take care of yourself, take care of each other and join with me to be the change.
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.