Call for nominations
[Dr Neal Haslem]
I think as an organisation, RMIT importantly needs to recognise staff members who do go outside their comfort zone.
I think it's important to recognise and be cognisant of the fact that there are greater consequences and impacts to the daily things that you do.
I think as an organisation we should recognise more diversity of innovation and ideation as well, given the global scale of how things move so quickly.
[Dr Neal Haslem]
For me, to be able to nominate them for this award, allowed me the chance to articulate exactly what that meant for the school and the discipline and the program. But also, a chance to celebrate their work and to inspire other lecturers.
She deserves this nod. I can contribute to the fact that she got recognised for all her hard work.
I feel great when I nominate someone for an award, because the process itself helps me crystallise what's great about that person. And besides that, it's the ultimate way of saying, well done and I've got your back.
[Dr Christine Chow]
I was really surprised when the Council's secretary rang me up one morning. I felt really humbled by the award.
It was completely unexpected. Yoko and I have been working on the studio model of how we engage with Indigenous sovereignty, Indigenous nations for quite some time, and this is the work we do, but it is, of course, a wonderful honour and surprise.
People aren't going to nominate themselves, well, I hope not anyway. So, it's about saying, outside your own work group, the quality and the impact of what you're doing. The work that you, as a team, a lead in, that work is recognised and valued, and it has really impact.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.