[Start of Transcript]
RMIT Vice-Chancellor Martin Bean sits and talks directly into camera:
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
I’m Martin Bean, Vice-Chancellor and President of RMIT and proud advocate of diversity and inclusion at this great University and beyond.
At RMIT our purpose is to empower people – all our people, staff and students alike – to shape their own futures, be their best and belong.
We’re vocal in our support of diverse genders, sexes and sexualities through our partnerships with community organisations like Minus18 and the Melbourne Queer Film Festival. We stand proud about cultural inclusion, and access for people of all backgrounds, no matter what their race, culture, religion or identity.
As a pay equity ambassador with the Workplace Gender Equality Agency, our resolve to improve gender equality is stronger than ever.
This includes a relentless commitment to our Athena SWAN action plan to support women in STEM disciplines and careers.
We won’t rest until we’re leading the way.
And at RMIT safety must also be a given. Whether it’s feeling physically safe on campus; emotionally safe to seek help in difficult times; or intellectually safe to express unique or challenging views.
Feeling safe and secure must be a baseline for us, a fundamental, we can accept nothing else.
Because when we see that baseline challenged, we need the courage and support to stand up and call it out. When we turn away, we say it’s ok.
I want to thank everyone – staff and students alike – who live by our values and make RMIT a great place to work and learn. That’s success the RMIT way.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.