Learn about how the Student Area of Focus is drawing on experts and data to drive curriculum transformation.
AUDIO: Ambient music track (happy and bubbly) starts and plays throughout.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Area of Focus Student
TEXT ON SCREEN: We’re preparing students for the world of work
TEXT ON SCREEN: We’ll support program staff, researchers and managers by bringing together experts and data packs to drive curriculum enhancements
PERSON SPEAKS: Dr Adam Baker, Director Learning Transformation:
[00:00:11] Tertiary education faces some remarkable challenges, challenges that we've never seen before on the planet. Even though we've been teaching pretty much in the same way for a long long time. Now the wind to change are upon us. The jobs of the future, we're not quite sure what those are. So what do we do about preparing students for a world that we are unsure about? Employers still say that we're little way off in terms of preparing students. So, what really we're doing with the program transformation is that we are looking to resonate with student needs.
[00:00:49] But more important is making them work ready for some of these challenges that we see coming up. We wanting to produce students that can come work more purposefully, out into action to the world and be confident of the skills they've got and the skills that we've given them.
[00:01:07] What we want from the people that are involved in this process is to think about exactly what they're teaching and how they're teaching it, to make the student experience quite remarkable.
PERSON SPEAKS: David, McLay, Senior Data Manager
[00:01:21] So as part of the Students Area of Focus, we've been preparing data packs for the programs. We've looked at all kinds of different datasets from student feedback to performance to load planning, all of that stuff. And I guess the idea is that we want the program -. Staff, teachers, program managers - to utilise that data to reflect on it and help them transform their program to the benefit of students and staff.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Leverage student insights (through data) to design and deliver remarkable learning experiences.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Over 1,000 data packs for 82 programs
TEXT ON SCREEN: Delivering remarkable learning experiences
PERSON SPEAKS: Dr Adam Baker, Director Learning Transformation.
[00:02:03] So with the program transformation really what we're looking to do is to deliver a curriculum that is a remarkable experience for our students and something that prepares them better than anyone else. You know this is for us to do. This is our goal to deliver to these students, a promise to our students if you like, to better prepare them for the world ahead.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Area of Focus
VISUAL ON SCREEN: RMIT logo
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.