DVC Global Rachel Holthouse outlines the Global Area of Focus for 2019
Hi everyone. I'm standing here in Vietnam on our fantastic campus in Ho Chi Minh City. And you can see around me some students doing some art work, we've got construction going on. It's a vibrant and fantastic place to be. And the perfect place, actually, to talk to you about the area of focus for global this year.
Our focus area is really the tool that we're using to help us deliver the Asia strategy. And at the heart of that strategy, it was asking ours to reflect on how we would like RMIT to be known and remembered across this region. And it really seeks to understand what the needs, and the issues that are emerging in this region, where we can bring solutions through the great range of products and programs we offer now, and those that we are capable of developing.
So, the focus area gives us tools to start exploring how we might deepen our relationships and demonstrate that we can really bring value to some of the countries that we're working with.
There's four key countries that we're focusing on at the moment. One of them is Vietnam, the other is China, India and Singapore. And one of the key deliverables out of the focus area, is actually playbooks, which identify for us what are the things that we can do that will really have an impact?
The second component of the focus area is asking us to think about how we price ourselves in that region. Making sure that we're true to our brand, but also positioning ourselves really competitively. And how do we go forward in the region with marketing collateral that really reflects everything that RMIT has to offer?
The third component is thinking about the models or the channels we use to deliver. And we know we have a lot of options in the way that we can bring our solutions to the many people and partners and government needs that we identify. And these include pathway programs, RMIT online programs, higher ed programs and our vocational education suite.
And the last part of the focus area, is calling out that important link that search has in helping us deepen our relationships. Help solve problems in the region and really demonstrate that we're interested in helping our learners develop and be ready for work and employment opportunities and see a really lasting footprint that is driven by all that RMIT has.
So, it's a great strategy this year. There's a fantastic lot of work that's already starting, and it's really fabulous to be here.
I hope I all get to see you soon and talk more about our focus work this year. Thanks very much.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.