Speaker: Marcus Porcaro
Element Number Eleven.
So in this video we're going to show you how to check all the links in your course and make sure they're active. We're also going to show you where to get advice on how to make sure your course is copyright compliant.
So navigate to settings. There you'll see a button that says ‘Validate Links in content’. If you click on that button it'll open up this page, the 'Course Link Validator'. Click the 'Start Link Validation' and let it run. The Course Link Validator will search any URLs, images or files that you have in your course and will check to see if they are active.
So we have our list of unresponsive and non-active links here. And you'll want to go through them one by one and double check each of your links. To do that click on the page and go through your links. Click on the link and we can see this one doesn't work and the reason is because I've got one to many letters in the URL name. I'm gonna go back click 'Edit'. We can see here that the link looks right there. Highlight your link, click the 'Link to URL' button and change the URL to the correct URL. 'Update link' and 'Save'.
If you have a file or an image that is broken just reload the file or the image. Please note that some links that are flagged as unresponsive are just inaccessible from the Canvas server. An
example of this will be a page behind the RMIT login, which you can see by the ww1 dot rmit.edu.au there. It is best to still double-check these but students should still be able to access them through your Canvas site.
The other part of Element 11 is to check that your course is copyright compliant. Now the library has put together a fantastic library guide online that you can go through to check this. Go to the library guide adding library resources to your LMS using the following URL (rmit.libguides.com/libraryresources_lms). This library guide has comprehensive information about copyright and permission processes. The best place to start is to use the checklist. In the navigation pane on the left click checklist and follow the prompts. For example, if you are using images in your course make sure you place them into e-reserve and you can do that by using the email that's provided there.
Once you've gone through the checklist and you feel confident that your course is copyright compliant that is Element number 11 done.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.