Speaker: Marcus Porcaro
Element Number Seven is the 'Course Queries Discussion' thread.
To access that, if we're in our 'Welcome to course and orientation' module, we find it here under the 'Course queries'.
Open it up. Here's a sample one. Many of the templates have a sample one in them and we can just edit that by pressing the 'Edit' button. Go through the text and change any information to make it relevant to your course. This 'Course queries' page must have certain information: it must be monitored and responded to regularly, it needs to include information about the person or people monitoring the space, the amount of time it may take for a response for the teaching team – for example it might be every 48 hours, it will also have directions for students to check the course 'Welcome and orientation' pages and the alternative options for private communication. Once you've got all of that information there, scroll down to the bottom and click 'Save'.
So we've written our 'Course queries and monitored FAQ' section but there's one more step. We want to pin it. So in order to do that we need to go to our 'Discussions' button here on the Navigation and click and drag the 'Course queries' into the pinned area. This will put the course queries at the very top of all discussion thread pages.
Once that's pinned the element is done!
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.