Speaker: Marcus Porcaro
So in this video we're going to show you how to update or add a course schedule into your course. To edit the course schedule we're going to go to our 'Syllabus' page. Although for some of the templates the course schedule doesn't exist in the 'Syllabus' page but as its own page in the 'Course welcome and orientation' module.
For the purpose of this training video we'll just go to the 'Syllabus' page in the navigation pane click it open. And we want to add it in so we need to edit. So go to your 'Table' button select 'Table' and select the amount of rows and columns you want. Our table is there. We can select inside each cell, add our information.
Once you've added some information click on the 'Table Properties' button here and there will be a cell that says 'Border' and just add the number 1 into there. This will give the border a line thickness of 1. If we press ok you can now see the dotted lines have changed into a solid line.
If we press 'update syllabus' our table has been created and ready to be filled. You may also have a course syllabus that you've developed in a word document or a PDF and you can add that in here instead of creating a table. Click 'Edit', remove the table that we've just created. In the 'Files' tab select 'Files'. We need to 'Upload a new file', choose the file and 'Upload'. What
this will do is bring the file in it as a link but we want it to actually appear on the page. So if we select the link there and go to our 'Link to URL' button open that one up there is now a check box that says 'Auto-open the inline preview for this link'. If we check that on, press 'Update link' and update the syllabus to save. And that has now created a link to the document that you can download and also preview in the page.
Once you have that table or that document there you've completed Number Eight.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.