Speaker: Marcus Porcaro
Element number Nine and Ten.
In this video we're going to show you how to change your menu structure and explain what the menu looks like.
You can see here we have some of the menu items in a solid black colour and some of them in a light grey. The solid black coloured menu items are items that the students will be able to see. Whereas the grey ones are items the students can't see. We're now going to go through how to edit these.
In your course navigation, scroll down to 'Settings' and we are moving to the 'Navigation' tab as we're talking about our course navigation. Here we can see there are two sections; the top section represents those that are in the solid black, these are the ones that are visible to students and the bottom section represents the greyed-out areas. They're the areas that aren't visible to students. If we want to change any of these we simply click and drag. In this example if we don't want to use Quizzes, click on 'Quizzes' and bring it down into the bottom section.
If we want to bring up a third-party link we can click and drag, bring that up and put it in the appropriate spot in your course menu. Make sure you follow the Menu Structure that's in the
14 Elements and there are also a number of pages that have to be there. This include the 'Home', the 'Announcements', the 'Assignments' and the 'Marks' or 'Grades' as it might be in some courses. When you're happy with what you've got in your menu structure scroll down to the bottom and press 'Save'.
You can see now our menu reflects the changes we have our third-party links available and Quizzes has gone down to the bottom and has been greyed out.
And that is Element number Nine and Ten.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.