Today, we'll be looking at how to host a Skype meeting and join a Skype meeting that's already in progress.
Right now, there are two main ways you can host a Skype meeting. That's scheduling one in advance, and the other is to set one up on the spot. Let's take a look now.
This is by far the easiest way to organise a Skype event. First of all, you want to open up your Outlook calendar in your web browser. Select the date you want to hold the event, and then select new event in the top left corner. Now you'll see a bunch of fields for your meeting information such as a title, who you wish to invite, and if you look down a little further, you will see the option to add online meeting, which is how you turn your event into a scheduled Skype meeting.
From there, you simply search for and add the rooms and locations where any people will be joining the Skype meeting as required. Once you've added a Skype enabled room, people will be able to join the meeting on the day using the room panel. And if you're using the desktop version of Outlook, you can simply create a new Skype meeting at the top and invite the design spaces by selecting the rooms button here. But if you've already created the event and you'd like to turn it into a Skype call, you can do so by entering the event and change it into a Skype call.
Now that your Skype meeting has been scheduled, when entering a room, just take a look at the panel, find your event and select the join button. Alternatively, if you're connecting remotely via your computer, select the email address that you received after accepting the event and select join online meeting. It will open up Skype and you'll be able to join the meeting.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.