The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Duration: 2:18 minutes
Tool Walkthrough Assessment Mapping Mate
Photograph of Ishpal Sandhu, Senior Educational Developer from the College of Business
Hi, I'm Ishpal Sandhu, a Senior Educational Developer from the College of Business. The objective of this video is to demonstrate the use of a tool I developed that will automate the Unit of Competency data into an Excel spreadsheet. Over the years, we have all spent countless hours copying and pasting data into our organization’s mapping document. This tedious process is prone to human error. The main goal of this tool is to be more efficient in how we collect the data from the training.gov website so that our time can be used elsewhere, like creating authentic assessments and authentic learning experiences for our students. Before we start, please download the Excel spreadsheet from the VE essentials website.
Url for https://training.gov.au/Search/Training
Let's begin, your first step is to go to the training.gov website and find the Unit of Competency that you want to scrape. I have one already prepared ICTICT509. Secondly, check if that unit is current, if it is, the third step would be to right-click the URL, copy the URL.
Excel spreadsheet, Assessment Mapping Mate
Open the Excel spreadsheet that you downloaded from the VE Essentials website, go to the template worksheet, click on input URL, right click the text box, and click paste. Finally, click OK. This scraping tool would then begin to scrape the data from the training.gov website.
Excel spreadsheet, new worksheet
As you can see the tool has created a new worksheet of the Unit of Competency that you are trying to scrape. In my case it is ICTICT509. Scroll down you'll see the element, performance criteria, performance evidence, knowledge evidence, assessment conditions, foundation skills, have all been automated for you.
To scrape another Unit of Competency you just have to repeat the process. Go back to the template worksheet, click on reset input URL, and put in the new URL that you want to scrape. This will create a new worksheet corresponding to the Unit of Competency you are trying to scrape.