Vice-Chancellor’s Staff Update video transcript
VISUAL: Martin Bean speaks to camera
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
It’s almost the middle of 2019 and we’re making terrific progress.
The energy’s up, we’re responding to the disruption around us and we’re shaping the world.
But what makes me particularly happy is seeing us bring our values to life in so many ways.
Whether it’s our shared journey of reconciliation, the joint effort to uplift our Net Promoter Score, signing our 15,000th Redback or the passion invested in renewing The Capitol and the Oxford Scholar – we’re making a difference together.
And we’re spreading our wings. From the launch of Research Centres to new funding grants, from Award wins in Vietnam and Industry partnerships in Europe, to global student experiences and ongoing recognition from the research community worldwide.
I also see the extraordinary in RMIT Online, in our word-leading Microcredentials, in our assessment revamps, in our investment in systems and processes, and in our shift towards contemporary work practices. Our Areas of Focus are connecting the red thread right across RMIT as we continue to implement our ready for life and work strategy.
And in our Colleges we’re stepping up our efforts to deliver the best learning and teaching experiences with initiatives like microsurgery at scale, that improves each course piece by piece, making a real difference in the lives of our students and staff.
Most importantly, wherever I look I see examples of how we’re shifting our culture to be more accountable, flexible and values-led. It’s not a nice to have any more, it’s fundamental.
Our sector is facing into disruption like never before – more competitors, changed industry needs, a gig economy and rising access to technology, to name just a few.
That’s why I’m so pleased that we’ve got the right strategy and the right people for the times.
It’s because of you that we are absolutely positioning RMIT as one of the world’s great Universities and more importantly, a University obsessed with impact in all that we do.
If you have more stories to add or ideas to share, please get connected on Yammer. Because at RMIT what we learn we should share.
Thank you all and keep up the great work.
VISUAL: RMIT Logo appears
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.