A message from Paul Gough
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Professor Paul Gough, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President, Design and Social
AUDIO: Ambient background chatter
VISUAL: Professor Paul Gough is doing a selfie-style interview with a smartphone while
walking through one of RMIT’s photography spaces.
PROFESSOR PAUL GOUGH SPEAKS: So it’s open day
Sunday afternoon. I’m in of my favourite spaces, which is building 94.
And this is the VE space for photography. Tremendous studios, workshops, technical spaces
and quite a lot of visitors.
Now, Kelly wanted me to write a long piece about middle of the year - about the annual
operating plan - but actually what I want you to do is read what I’ve written below.
Which is really about relevance.
It’s about impact, it’s about engagement.
It’s about making sure that everything we do, whether it’s HE, VE; whether it’s your research,
or engagement, your industry connections … I want you to stay as relevant as possible
because that is going to be the differentiator between Design and Social Context, and all our
programs, and all our courses, all our disciplines and every other university.
Staying relevant, engaged, contemporary and edgy.
That’s what RMIT does. That’s what DSC does.
So keep the faith, keep doing that, and we’ll be top of the pack.
AUDIO: Ambient background chatter fades out