MicroCreds Short Version
(Music track plays beneath)
Open on a slow motion street scene of Melbourne, and a male student waiting for a tram.
“We live in a competitive age where most people have a basic education and skill set for their given profession. People skills and things like that have never been more important.”
The student boards the tram.
“I was an introvert growing up, so being able to blend in and communicate didn’t come easily to me.”
He steps onto and travels up one of the escalators at RMIT.
“I spoke multiple languages when I arrived in Australia and yet I struggled with the dissonance of being lingually capable but not being able to say what I wanted to say.”
People are setting up a projector and laptop in a darkened room.
“I chose all my micro creds to improve my communication skills and as a result I am now capable of having a constructive conversation with a complete stranger. It’s a skill I don’t think I would have acquired by conventional means.”
The student is standing next to a peer, guiding them using data visualisation software on the laptop.
“I got an opportunity to take part in Australia Post’s Accelerator Program and the interview was demanding of the applicants.”
The data visualisation is now projected and mapped onto a mask that’s hanging on the wall.
“I had learned how to move discussions forward, overcome nervousness, to listen and have a constructive conversation and that was a crucial factor in helping me land that opportunity.”
The data visualisation is now projected onto the face of the student as he faces the camera. there’s a close up of him smiling and laughing.
“These skills are there to be learned, to give us an advantage. At the end of the day we are in control. It is our responsibility to become the best version of ourselves.”
Fade to darkness as the word ‘Enhance’ appears.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.