VICE-CHANCELLOR’S VIDEO: We will get through this together
RMIT INTERIM VC DIONNE HIGGINS
[START OF TRANSCRIPT]
VISUAL: RMIT Interim Vice-Chancellor and President Dionne Higgins addresses the camera.
DIONNE HIGGINS SPEAKS:
For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Dionne.
Over the past five years I’ve been the Chief Operating Officer of our wonderful University.
And from today I’m your Interim Vice-Chancellor until a permanent appointment is made.
It's an absolute privilege to step into this role for a time but I want to be clear it’s a team effort!
I'm surrounded by the most amazing leaders on the Vice-Chancellor's Executive.
And I'm so grateful to my own Operations Leadership Team for stepping up during this time.
RMIT has such a strong track record of adapting to change and that’s exactly what we’re doing.
Right now, our communities around the world are finding their way through a very complex time.
With recent lockdowns in Vietnam and here in Australia we are firmly focused on bringing back that all important vibrancy to our campuses as soon as we’re able.
In Australia semester 2 will see a significant increase in face-to-face learning and teaching activities on campus which I’m so excited about.
There is nothing like the energy and buzz you feel surrounded by our students on campus.
We’re also focused on how we can contribute to the economic and social recovery of our communities.
Just last week the Victorian government announced an investment of $44.6m in activities and facilities to help us make a difference.
We will create a new Social Innovation Precinct that will be home to research, ideas, partnerships and new technology.
It will also be home to a new Multi-Faith & Wellbeing Centre, that I’m so proud of, a place where our diverse community of many faiths, religions and spiritualities can come together and feel included.
This goes to the very heart of who we are at RMIT.
And, like everything we do, it will help ensure our students and our communities are ready for today and tomorrow.
Because we’re focused on the future and we’re not standing still.
Our six shared objectives of the Annual Operating Plan guide our actions.
They unite our direction and our energy across Colleges and Portfolios.
And every day I see the people of RMIT bringing our purpose to life.
I look forward to sharing some of those stories with you in the coming weeks and seeking your feedback as we progress our NEXT strategy.
Until then, take care. Stay safe.
And I hope to see you soon.
[END OF TRANSCRIPT]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.