New ways of working and sharpening our focus in 2019
Video message from Vice-Chancellor Martin Bean
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
By now, many of you will have heard about our recent Kick Off for 2019 planning event. It was a big few days.
We focused on the world outside of RMIT, how we're operating in it and how we're going to adapt as it continues to change.
We took the opportunity to celebrate our terrific progress and challenge ourselves to think about what we can do better over the coming year. We focused on how we work together and where we shift our focus in 2019.
We should all be proud of the progress we've made as we implement our Ready for Life and Work strategy.
* We've built new offerings for our students such as RMIT Online, Micro-Credentials and the Activator
* we're connecting more deeply across our Asian region;
* we're making extraordinary inroads with our research globally;
* we're harnessing industry relationships better than ever before;
* and we're listening to our people more effectively.
Now it's time to finish what we started and in 2019 we will create a new way of working across five areas of focus:
* Creating a remarkable learning experience for our students
* Accelerating our ambition in Asia
* Realising our competitive advantage with industry
* Solving process pain points to create a service culture, and
* Igniting passion with purpose through a future ready workforce and values-led culture.
It's time for us to pick up the pace and embrace contemporary ways of working so we can build on our progress. That means better collaboration and being focused on working together across the University to achieve our goals.
You'll see new ways of working from your leaders and I hope you hear them talk about the idea of the red thread linking all that we do to our strategy.
Thanks for all your support and effort, we've had a great 2018 so far and I'm looking forward to an even better 2019.
Thanks for watching.