In April 2020, 1000+ staff members will move to OurPlace@QV. Learn a little bit about what's in store at this amazing new space.
[Narrator - Women]
OurPlace@QV is about bringing people together, appreciating what makes us different, unique and special.
[Pixel shapes with different colours and textures come into view]
That's why, commencing in April 2020, we'll be bringing over 1,000 people from eight different locations together into one purpose designed and built environment - to OurPlace@QV, occupying three floors at 222 Lonsdale Street.
[Map of Melbourne with RMIT buildings 105, 88, 11, 21, 1, 20, 107, and 108 is shown, which zooms in to the new location at QV. The three floor plates are then shown.]
Centrally located, OurPlace@QV is only a five-minute walk from the main RMIT City campus, and is easily accessible via public transport, vehicle, walking and cycling routes, with premium end-of-trip facilities offering employees bicycle storage, lockers and change facilities.
[More maps appear, showing multiple transport routes to the new building, and each method of transport and end-of-trip facility slides into frame]
Being part of the QV precinct, we have an abundance of local amenities at our doorstep.
[A building appears, and the door opens as the camera enters]
With a select group of fresh food, convenience and service retailers, there is no need to leave the QV precinct for your everyday needs.
[A shopping cart fills with a range of products]
OurPlace@QV is designed by our people for our people.
[Shapes of different colours and textures combine to form a building]
Your participation on the journey through workshops and surveys of our new workplace.
OurPlace@QV are offering RMIT students real life experiences throughout the project, with seven work-integrated learning opportunities with over 50 students involved.
[A range of shapes appear, cylcing through colours and textures, arranging into a circle with each shape containing an area from which WIL students have come to the project; Fasion & Textiles, Engineering, PCPM, School of Global, Urban and Social studies. One shape houses a Design Competition with Interior design and graphics courses.]
The OurPlace@QV building has a 4.5 NABERS rating, and we will achieving a minimum five star Green Star rating for the building fit-out, minimising our environmental footprint and creating a healthy workplace, bringing us all together in a sustainable, energised and contemporary environment.
[A building appears, as 4.5 in blue, then 5 stars in green come out of the roof. Some text appears among the clouds, referring to the ways we will achieve these ratings: Sustainably sourced materials used in the building fit out, High quality access to natural light, Indoor plants to reduce pollution. As a tram passes, more appear: High quality waste management and recycling facilities, and premium end-of-trip facilities.]
RMIT's home for years to come. So in 2020, we'll saying welcome to OurPlace@QV.
[More futurisic buildings appear, with a flying saucer]
[End screen with the RMIT logo and Our Place logo, and the text Welcome to OurPlace@QV]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.