Paul Gough VE Futures Message
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
PAUL GOUGH, PRO VICE-CHANCELLOR AND VICE PRESIDENT, COLLEGE OF DESIGN AND SOCIAL CONTEXT - MESSAGE TO THE COLLEGE ON VE FUTURES.
AUDIO: AMBIENT BACKGROUND NOISE
PAUL GOUGH SPEAKS: Hello there, I’m talking to you from RMIT Connect. This wonderful space in the centre of New Academic Street. And a student just came up to me, and to Kelly here, and asked some very detailed question and I was glad to be able say please go and ask somebody in a red apron, they know more than I’ll ever know.
Just to say thank you very much for all the feedback we’re getting about VE Futures, the future of vocational education in the college. Lots of interesting ideas. Lots of positive ideas. There is some sadness about pulling away from HE but actually I think it’s about managing our future, managing our destiny for vocational education.
If there were three themes that are coming up: One is a desire from staff to ensure that all our students in HE and VE get as much opportunity as possible. That in VE we make the most out of our industry links so that all our students get maximum advantage from the professions, from business from industry. And the third thing is a commitment to be ready, really ready by the first of January 2019.
And we are working towards that; we will work on your behalf. We will stay in contact with you, so keep the questions coming in - we will keep the answers, we will keep the engagement, going and it really means a lot to me to get VE Futures absolutely right for next year.
AUDIO: AMBIENT BACKGROUND NOISE FADES OUT