Hello there. I’m here in the RMIT Gallery to tell you something about the DSC 2018 Annual Operating Plan. As you know last year was a phenomenal year; we did so much together. We created 22 academic disciplines through the eyes, through the industry lens. And then we appointed 22 Associate Deans who are now going through a terrific development program in the years to come. We looked at our research centres, aligned them with the ECPs and we’ve taken a hard look at our service architecture so we can make sure that our students and staff are getting all the support they need. So 2018 is busy, really busy. Great stuff going on.
Two of the big projects I’m involved in and I want your participation in is the future of VE - we have a tremendous future for vocational education, and it will be a chance for you to become fully engaged in the next few weeks. So watch this site. Because I am going to be looking for your input.
The other big project is a review of all of our Masters programs. DSC already has 36% of the University’s Masters provision and we’re looking to grow that. We’re looking to link with industry, with our partners, and we have so many good partners. So those are two really big projects that are occupying me, my team and I hope all of the staff at DSC.
I want to hear your voice. It matters enormously to me what you’re thinking. We have a live chat, with me, on the 28th May. We have an intranet that you can engage in and you can download and look at all the documents there. And there’ll be focus groups that I’ll be holding. There’ll be a town hall meeting for VE staff.
And my door is always open. People write to me, they contact me. I bump into you at all sorts of events. Keep the conversation going. It’s very important that I hear what you’re thinking and I can share that and try and work towards making DSC an even better college.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.