RMIT Creds: How to utilise your badge
[Start of transcript at 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds]
[Speaker: Jenny Bui, HR Manager at CHASE]
While you're still studying, you have the opportunity to complete a wide variety of RMIT credits which can play a key role in shaping your future career. Once you have completed the cred and followed the process to claim your badge, you should demonstrate the value of the credential and the skills gained in the process to potential employers.
But how do you do this? A badge isn't just another certification listed on your LinkedIn profile. It's a very effective way to help you stand out from the crowd and impress an employer. Your badges can demonstrate a number of skills including networking, leadership and decision making, emotional intelligence and managing time and priorities. Digital badges show potential employers and industry that you are motivated, you have performed extracurricular activities and are interested in addressing any skills gaps.
There are a few ways to highlight your credentials and customize them depending on who you were trying to target. If you have multiple badges you may be able to stack your badges, allowing you to customise their appearance to suit particular websites and platforms.
You can share your badges via LinkedIn in the accomplishments section of your profile and by posting on your timeline. You can share individual or grouped badges via social media including Facebook and Twitter, as well as adding them to your resume. They can also be added directly to your email signature. Now is the time to get as many credentials up your sleeve while you're studying so that they can be your own personal cheer squad when you're looking to move into the next stage of your career.
[End of transcript at 0 hours, 1 minute, 41 seconds]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.