Speaker 1: In this video, we're going to look at rolling over your course from one offering into the next. In this case, we're going to be working with teaching with technology, which rolls from semester one to semester two. If you can't see your course card in the dashboard, you can head to courses in your global navigation and select all courses. Once in there, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will see future enrolments. Next to the name of your course, click the star. This will add it to your dashboard. Now once you've done that, you can head back to the dashboard or you can click on the name of the course and go into it directly.
Speaker 1: The first thing that we will need to do is open up our new course, which is in this case, the semester two offering. From here, we will be able to copy over the curated content from semester one. Once you're in your course, you will find that you have a blank course to start with. To start the rollover, select settings from your course navigation down at the very bottom. Once it's loaded, on the right hand side, you'll see import course content in the course details menu. Select this. The next page you will see is where we will provide details to the previous course. It's important to note that you will need access to both courses in order to complete the rollover. If you don't have access to the previous course, please contact your program manager or course coordinator and request course curator access to the previous offering of the course.
Speaker 1: In the course type, select copy a Canvas course from the dropdown. In the search from the Canvas course, you can select the course that you wish to copy over or you can use the adjacent search bar. In this situation, we're going to be copying over all content from the previous course. So in the next set of options, select all content as a desired import option. To curate the content, please see the accompanying video. If desired, choose from the options under adjust events and due dates. This will allow you to remove any date in the course, such as due dates and assignments, or adjust some to match the start date of the new course.
Speaker 1: Once you've completed all that, select import. Depending on the size of the course, this may take a few minutes to copy over. If it is a course that has a lot of large files, you can wait for the progress bar to complete, or you can click on another page and the rollover will continue on its own. When completed, make sure to review the course for broken links or errors, and make sure to refer to the 14 elements for support in designing your new course. Thanks for watching.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.