In this video we'll work through the settings to complete the first assignment entry. In your assignment group this entry will be used for three things first displaying the assessment details to students second for student submission and finally for allowing you as a ve Assessor to assess for competency that is to determine that a task has been performed to a satisfactory standard. First you will need to populate the assessment details so students understand the requirements of the task. To do this enter your assessment details and to ensure they're complete refer to the assessment templates on the be essential site. For guidance you may also wish to consider including a word document or a PDF of the assignment details that students can download. Adjust the settings. Next you will need to ensure the correct settings are used in the settings display two points assignment group display grade as and Submission type make the following adjustments. Enter the points value as the total criteria required to complete the task the points value for this assignment entry does not signify a grade or score you're simply using 1 or performance check the assignment group is correct. Select completing complete for display grade as and ensure that the box saying do not count this assignment towards the final grade is ticked. Select the appropriate submission type for your assessment task. Complete the remaining settings as appropriate and finally click Save to ensure your settings are saved. Students will see a default message for an assignment that doesn't count towards the final grade which states this task must be assessed to satisfactory before it can be graded. The next video will show you how to add a rubric for assessing satisfactory performance and how to use that rubric in speed grader.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.