Once you've assessed the task of satisfactory you can use the grading criteria entry for providing graded feedback to your student or to help calculate and track a final graded outcome for the course. It's important to remember that there is no requirement to grade student performance in vocational education this is a further step your program may wish to undertake in addition to assessing competency which is a requirement of vocational education. In this video we'll work through the settings needed to complete the second assignment entry for grading which provide a graded evaluation of student performance using a rubric. Follow these steps as shown. Let's populate assessment details. First populate the canvas assignment entry with the following details adjusted as necessary for your assessment task. This can be standard default text that advises a student that this assignment entry is not a submission point and will simply be used for providing graded feedback. Now adjust the settings you will need to ensure the correct settings are used into the points to the desired value based on your assessment. Ensure the correct assignment group is selected select letter grade for display grade as and ensure the box stating does not count towards final grade is not ticked as you do want to use this towards a final calculated provisional grade for RPO. As you will be using the letter grade you will also need to ensure that you're using the right grading scheme. To do this click the view grading scheme and then select another scheme and choose RMIT ve grades select no submission for this assignment entry a students will never be submitting any accessible material here then complete the remaining settings as appropriate finally click Save to ensure your settings are saved. Watch the next video to see how to add a rubric for assessing a grade and how to use it in speedgrader.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.