VC announcement August 2018 staff
I want to take a moment to tell you how excited I am to be continuing as your Vice Chancellor. It's a great privilege, a great challenge and a great responsibility. At the halfway point in our ready for life and work strategy we've made so much progress and we have a lot to be proud of.
We've put the student experience front and centre of everything we do, we've worked hard to ensure our University is the place to work for professionals and academics who are driven by passion and purpose. We're shaping the world and positively impacting our communities with research that is tackling real-world challenges and creating amazing opportunities. All of this on the global stage where we increasingly expand the positive impact of RMIT across our region and throughout the world. I don't need to tell you that it's a time of enormous change for the education sector, we saw it coming and we're well positioned for the future.
There's always more we can do to ensure RMIT is the kind of university that will not only survive but thrive over the decades ahead but the great news is that we're making it happen and I can't wait to finish what we've started.
It's been a pleasure working with you over the last few years, thanks for your friendship your support and your great ideas. I couldn't be more proud of our incredible University and the people who give it heart. I look forward to working with you for many years to come.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.