VC Staff End Of Year 2018
VC Staff End Of Year 2018
Vice Chancellor’s End Of Year Staff Message 2018
VISUAL: RMIT Vice Chancellor and President Martin Bean sits and addresses camera.
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS: Wominjeka everyone!
We’re almost at the end of 2018 and I want to thank you for your contribution! Together, we’ve built, taught, researched, connected, engaged, advised, created and exceeded.
And most importantly we’ve transformed our students’ lives and shaped the world around us.
All because of you, the extraordinary people of RMIT!
There’s no doubt we’ve achieved a lot and I’d like to invite you to take a moment to watch a video we created to acknowledge all that’s been achieved.
Before you do that though, I’d like to say thank you for two of the contributions that mean the most to me.
Firstly, the care I’ve seen you take with each other.
It’s not only our important Be the Change commitment or the R U OK campaign.
It’s something more – there’s a fresh spirit of friendship at RMIT across all parts of the globe and I’m sure I’ll see more of it in 2019.
When we support each other, when we spot opportunities to help each other out, when we celebrate our colleagues, that’s when we start to take our community to a whole new level.
Secondly, thanks for your willingness to embrace new ways of working.
It started with our leadership team working together like never before – across all those false divides of buildings, disciplines and portfolios.
And it shows. We have a stronger commitment than ever before to ready our students for life and work and create impact with our research, all on a global stage.
As I look back on 2018 and see awards, grants, improvements in benchmarks and exceptional results, what I’ll remember is the attitude of our people, the care and the commitment.
And that makes me incredibly proud. Because, with that foundation, our potential is endless!
Please take the time to celebrate together, make sure you take a break, stay safe, and come back refreshed and ready to harness all that RMIT spirit in 2019.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.