[Start of Transcript]
RMIT Vice-Chancellor Martin Bean sits and talks directly into camera:
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS: Wominjeka! Welcome to 2019 everyone!
This is a special time of year as the University once again comes to life, fuelled by the talent and aspirations of thousands of students from different walks of life.
I say it every year - we are only as good as you, our people. So thank you for the passion and purpose you bring to the important work we do together.
Education is a profession to be deeply proud of and our mission - to ready students for life and work, is an important one.
We educate the change makers of the future; our research shapes the world and improves lives; and our strategic insight has an impact at all levels of government and enterprise.
A University is a community like no other and I'm so proud to work with all of you, in all your different roles, to make sure we continue to deliver on our mission for our students and our communities.
At the end of last year, I talked about a wonderful sense of friendship and support I'd noticed grow throughout 2018. It's no coincidence that our spirit of inclusion and reconciliation is growing as well.
Let's keep those qualities at the heart of who we are this year. Let's support and inspire each other with the energy to achieve our goals and ensure our five Areas of Focus keep our attention on what matters.
I'm excited about this year. We're more aligned than ever before and if we move ahead as one, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon.
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.