What is VE Enterprise Bargaining?
Learn more about Enterprise Bargaining for Vocational Education staff at RMIT University.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
At RMIT we are committed to building an agreement that supports our people to succeed and grow their careers.
What is enterprise bargaining?
In Australia, employee entitlements can be agreed between the employer and their employees.
It’s called an Enterprise Agreement.
This agreement governs employment entitlements such as leave and pay rises… and it reflects the shared values of the University and its employees.
At RMIT, the Enterprise Agreement for VE Staff expired in July 2018.
We are about to commence renegotiation so the University and the unions will enter into a period of bargaining.
The key themes of this agreement are:
- Workload and Careers
- Improving your EA experience and…
- Making RMIT an employer of choice.
Once the negotiating parties have reached an in-principle agreement, this will be put to all employees to vote on.
If the majority of employees vote “yes”, it goes to the Fair Work Commission for approval… before the new agreement will take effect.
This is your EA and we want to hear what you have to say!
Give us feedback anytime via our webpage or at firstname.lastname@example.org and look out for the dates the EB team will be at your campus if you prefer to chat face to face.
Your input will help us to build an agreement that supports you to succeed and to grow your career at RMIT.