Hear from your fellow students about what's next for them
VISUAL: RMIT PIXEL. TRANSITIONS INTO RMIT SHAPES.
TEXT ON SCREEN: “ADITYA”
AUDIO: AMBIENT MUSIC
VISUAL: INSIDE. CLOSE UP HEADSHOT OF ADITYA TALKING TO CAMERA. NAS BUILDING IN THE BACKGROUND.
Namaste, my name is Aditya Panchal. I'm studying in RMIT from past one year and I'm doing my masters in project management. I previously did my Bachelor's in Architecture, back in India.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "WHAT'S THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IN YOU NOW, COMPARED TO WHEN YOU STARTED HERE?"
The biggest difference I can see in myself, like, I've transformed as a person, is when I came first, I was literally going through a cultural shock and my mentors at university, who were my professors, like, Professor Tiendung Le and Dr. Christina Young, helped me a lot from going through that whole process and it has also helped me develop my entrepreneur skills like going to RMIT Activator And also, RMIT careers has helped me to get a direction where I have to go in the future.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "HOW HAS RMIT HELPED YOU PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE?"
I think I'm still in work-in-progress and RMIT has really played a big part in developing my entrepreneur skills, my management skills. Because coming from a design background, you normally don't have that skills. And to an RMIT and going through the whole experience, and having so much of services and so much of help, it makes you worth coming to this university and studying.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "WHAT'S NEXT? HOW DO YOU PLAN TO SPEND NEXT YEAR?"
I've two goals for next year. First is to work in a creative and a diverse environment, where my skills-- I can focus my skills. And the second thing is networking and working with RMIT as an alumni mentor and helping students coming from international background, so that they don't face what I faced and I can help them with that.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE LIFELONG CONNECTIONS YOU'VE MADE AT RMIT?"
RMIT has given me, just not connections, they have given an family, which consists of, just not people from my country but people around the whole world. And the influence that they have been on me, has changed me as a person and I would never forget that in my entire life.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "IF YOU COULD GO BACK TO WHEN YOU STARTED AT RMIT, WHAT PIECE OF ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE YOURSELF?"
So the one piece of advice that I would give myself is to believe in myself and just push through whatever adversity you're going through because in the end, you're gonna get what you want.
VISUAL: RMIT PIXEL, WHICH THEN EXPLODES INTO SMALLER RMIT SHAPES, BEFORE TRANSITIONING INTO FULL COLOUR POSITIVE RMIT LOGO.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.