What's Next - Kristie
Hear from your fellow students about what's next for them
VISUAL: RMIT PIXEL. TRANSITIONS INTO RMIT SHAPES.
TEXT ON SCREEN: “KRISTIE”
AUDIO: AMBIENT MUSIC
VISUAL: INSIDE. CLOSE UP HEADSHOT OF KRISTIE TALKING TO CAMERA. NAS BUILDING IN THE BACKGROUND.
Hi, my name is Kristie. I am currently studying bachelor of science biotechnology, but I started in RMIT in 2014. I did diploma of laboratory technology biotechnology, and then I moved on to do my bachelor of science biotechnology.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "WHAT'S THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IN YOU NOW, COMPARED TO WHEN YOU STARTED HERE?"
2014 me would've been the lost kind of student. I wouldn't know what to do, I didn't know where to go, and then the me now I would just go with every opportunities so I would apply for any jobs, I would go to the job shop, do, you know, take on any opportunities basically.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "HOW HAS RMIT HELPED YOU PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE?"
So RMIT does a lot of skill building workshops, so I go on that one, as well as in my classes, we do practical classes, so it helps us get all the skills that we needed in the future.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "WHAT'S NEXT? HOW DO YOU PLAN TO SPEND NEXT YEAR?"
At the moment I am either thinking of doing my honours or masters, but other than that, also have the opportunity to apply for actual real work, so real life work within my programme. So I would either go to a laboratory, seek out certain companies that are based in biotechnology.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE LIFELONG CONNECTIONS YOU'VE MADE AT RMIT?"
I would say that the lifelong benefits of having this connection at RMIT, my friends, my professors, would be that I'll be able to lean on them, ask them for help, in whatever path I take, right after my degree.
TEXT ON SCREEN: "IF YOU COULD GO BACK TO WHEN YOU STARTED AT RMIT, WHAT PIECE OF ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE YOURSELF?"
If I could go back and give myself an advice from when I started in RMIT it would be that hey, stop for a minute, go around RMIT and look around you, find every opportunities, and just grab them because you'll never know because at the very end of your path, maybe it'll help you in the end.
VISUAL: RMIT PIXEL, WHICH THEN EXPLODES INTO SMALLER RMIT SHAPES, BEFORE TRANSITIONING INTO FULL COLOUR POSITIVE RMIT LOGO.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.