Dr Dong Qui, Vice-Chancellor's Senior Research Fellow, School of Engineering.
§ (Music Playing) §
My name is Dong Qiu and my area is material science and engineering. Currently I work in the school of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering and part of the Advanced Manufacturing Precinct at RMIT. That is a very amazing area because here I can work for transforming the future with cutting edge technology.
My research work at RMIT is based on additive manufacturing or commonly known as 3D printing. That has already started to change part of the manufacturing engineering not only in Australia but all over the world. More importantly Advanced Engineering Precinct at RMIT is the largest centre of its kind in Australia that integrates learning, teaching and innovation. So I'm very pleased to be part of it and keep transforming the future.
Since I was an under grad student I had a dream to transform the world. I would like to contribute my research talent to my research community and even broader community so that they can benefit from advanced modern technology especially material science and engineering and finally I can contribute to the whole human society.
As a VC's Senior Research Fellow I have the freedom to design and undertake any research project within this centre and the school as long as they are well aligned strategic goals of the school and centre and this is very important to nurture the innovation in this area. The things most attract me is the teamwork culture because it combines different people have different expertise. In this case I can easily build up my team and collaborate with other people. They can all contribute their own expertise to solve the complex engineering problems.
§ (Music Playing) §
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.