Andrew Godfrey completed the Master of Finance in 2015. He is now working in Trading and Portfolio Management for GDF SUEZ Energy Australia.
VOICEOVER: I've got a theory that hard work is the key to a successful life and simply enjoying all aspects. I'm Andrew Godfrey. I studied Masters of Finance. I'm an Energy Trader at ENGIE in Australia.
SUPER: Andrew Godfrey – Master of Finance, Energy Trader, ENEDIE Australia
VOICEOVER: I like challenges. I like putting things together. Finding the right career path has been a big part of that.
VOICEOVER: For my undergrad, I did electrical engineering. I had the opportunity to go on a year-long exchange to the University of Texas. I began working as an electrical engineer, but it didn't quite fit what I was looking for.
VOICEOVER: I was determined to go to the next level. Completing the Masters married the two fields together which allowed me to get into the energy markets, into a higher paced environment where split second decisions can make a big difference. It's that thinking on your feet that makes all the difference.
VOICEOVER: The small classes at RMIT allowed good interaction between students and teachers. It allowed me to socialise and network with like minded people who were doing the same thing; that were using the course as a stepping stone to allow them to enter into roles that previously might not have been possible. You need to be friendly.
VOICEOVER: You need to be willing to approach someone and you need to be approachable yourself. That's how you really make good partnerships going forward. You really get out what you put in at RMIT I feel confident now that I can go as far and as high as I like in whatever field I choose.
SUPER: RMIT University
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.