Nicole Williamson completed the Juris Doctor in 2014. She is now a lawyer with LFS Lawyers.
VOICEOVER: You think about why do we have laws, ultimately to resolve issues between people peacefully.
VOICEOVER: How do we develop as a community if we don't have peace. I'm Nicole Williamson and I'm a lawyer with LFS Lawyers. I studied the Juris Doctorate at RMIT.
SUPER: Nicole Williamson, Lawyer, LFS Lawyers, Juris Doctor, bachelor of Biomedica Science (Laboratory Medicine)
VOICEOVER: For me, RMIT has been a great source of education. I started in medical laboratory science and it gave me the opportunity to travel. It wasn't a direct move in to law, I worked in financial services in between.
When I was working in financial services, I became aware that I didn't have enough knowledge in the compliance area and the risks to companies or businesses and I thought, it's a law degree that I need.
VOICEOVER: Before I did the Juris Doctor I did a single subject in commercial law to make sure that it was the right thing for me to do and I loved the way that the course was taught and I had lots of ah-ha moments.
Community is really important to me and I think apart from working in law, I like to be able to give back in a way that helps other people.
VOICEOVER: I had the opportunity to work with a community legal centre in the city that helps people with disabilities achieve some justice and I am now on the board.
The Juris Doctorate has really helped me consolidate skills. I feel like I have the skills that I could tackle anything in law.
SUPER: RMIT University
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.