Trent Milligan explains why being an entrepreneur is about bringing together a unique combination of resources and creating value.
AUDIO: Ambient music
TEXT ON SCREEN: Entrepreneurship Learn more about studying Entrepreneurship at RMIT. RMIT University logo
TEXT ON SCREEN: Trent Milligan Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship)
TRENT MILLIGAN SPEAKS: Being an entrepreneur is about bringing together a unique combination of resources and creating value. So it's about starting new businesses and really thinking outside the square and creating innovative products and services.
TRENT MILLIGAN SPEAKS: I chose to study Entrepreneurship because after starting my own business when I was about 17 and I had noticed that the Entrepreneurship course at RMIT would provide a good opportunity to learn more about business while still being entrepreneurial and getting out there and starting businesses in the particular areas that you're interested in.
TRENT MILLIGAN SPEAKS: I chose to study at RMIT because the Entrepreneurship course had a really good reputation and I'd seen some really good examples of other students that had done the course and gone on to do some great things in business and I liked the idea that the course would foster my own entrepreneurial endeavours and allow me to look at new ways of doing things as well as learning the theory of business and the more academic side of things.
TRENT MILLIGAN SPEAKS: I think the best things about studying at RMIT; one was definitely the Deloitte Fast Track Innovation program because it was a real world experience; it was really ambiguous and challenging but I think I learnt more from that than anything else.
TRENT MILLIGAN SPEAKS: My advice for younger students coming through the program would be to make the most of every opportunity, so to get out there, and as well as the course work aspect, to get out there and get involved in the business community in Melbourne and network as much as possible.
VISUAL: Fades to white. RMIT University logo. www.rmit.edu.au
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.