I love Melbourne. It's a modern, international city, and RMIT is right at the heart of it. A young university, full of energy.
RMIT really takes the student's needs into account, providing help with study and life outside university, housing, jobs, and so on.
At the School of Computer Science and IT, you work with industry partners on real-world problems. The facilities and support services are superb. As well as our own studies, we're also encouraged to work in groups, to share our knowledge and ideas. And at weekly seminars, we can see major speakers from universities and research institutions all over the world.
Sport is huge in Melbourne, which is great for tennis fans like me. RMIT runs many activities to help students settle in and make friends. Being in the city centre, everything you want in your life is near to RMIT. Shops, restaurants, transport options, museums, galleries, theatres, it's all there. Melbourne's China Town makes me forget that I'm in a foreign country. Wherever you come from in China: Guangdong, Sichuan or Shandong, you can find a taste of home.
But my favourite thing is the cafes. Wander down any street or laneway and you'll find a perfect spot to spend a beautiful afternoon with friends, drinking coffee and having some delicious cakes.
Coming to RMIT to further my studies in Computer Science has been a fantastic experience. I have learned so much. Both from what I have studied and from the people I have studied with. It has opened my eyes to new experiences and new ways of thinking.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.