00:06 – Woman 1 speaks
A GLE is an intense four-day leadership program that helps young people develop their leadership skills, create networks among a variety of young people that are there on the program, as well as come up with innovative solutions to a global challenge that's been set.
So what can you see across the four days? On day one, we set the context. Understanding where are you on your own personal leadership journey? What do you need to develop as you go forward?
Day two, we try and understand the city of Melbourne and its context. We go out on immersion visits to see what does smart and inclusive mean to the city of Melbourne?
And over day three and four, working in small and diverse groups. How can we make better decisions? And pull innovative solutions to creating a smarter and more inclusive city?
00:57 – Woman 2 speaks
I feel like I'm coming out of the programme with more confidence, increased leadership skills, ready to really go into an organisation and be able to, even as an introvert, be able to really connect with a team and really work as a team. And I just had an amazing time.
01:12 – Man 1 speaks
I would not just call this an opportunity, this is an experience that is vital for personal growth. That is why I definitely recommend anyone who is interested to take part in it.
01:23 – Woman 3 speaks
It opens up your mind, listening to other people. Collaborating with other students and industry leaders, and the elite staff at RMIT. It's a no brainer.
01:37 – Woman 1 speaks
Come on over if you feel you've got what it takes to be a global leader. And make a difference to the world today. Come and join us on the Global Leader Experience Program.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.