00:06 – Woman 1 speaks
We are living in an evermore global world and being able to in a form where you have so many different types of people from diverse networks, from diverse geographical locations.
It really is so empowering to see different perspectives.
00:22 – Woman 2 speaks
I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I knew that there were investor leaders talking on different topics. And I just thought it was a good chance to meet people who were interested in entrepreneurship.
00:33 – Man 1 speaks
Strong leadership skills are important for anyone in today's workforce. And I think it's really important, especially in today's world to be able to engage with people across all sorts of boundaries, and from all locations and cultures.
For me, leadership is all about building trust and leading through your teams. You're there as a coaching or mentoring role to help guide them, but not necessarily as an authoritarian leader.
00:56 – Woman 3 speaks
For me, leadership is something that we all have access to. We are all leaders if we choose to be. We can all lead in many different ways. It's really important for graduates to realize that it doesn't mean that they're gonna be the leader once they're the CEO of an organization, that they have capacity to lead today.
01:15 – Man 2 speaks
We're in a very complex world today, where everything's changing around us, and the people we're interacting with are not your next door neighbours. That kind of ability to embrace all the complexities of the world and have a balanced view is super important.
01:31 – Man 3 speaks
I think diversity makes a system stronger. If you're looking at a forest, the greater the diversity and different roles the species play, makes for a stronger environment. We should be emulating that in our workforce.
01:46 – Man 4 speaks
It was a really engaging day. It was kinda good motivation to sign up for more things like this and get involved.
You can implement leadership principles in pretty much any situation. I think it's really kinda what sets people apart, makes them stand out.
02:01 - Woman voice over:
If someone's looking forward to it, I would say definitely come and just get to experience different kinds of business and leadership.
02:07 - Woman voice over:
It's an incredible opportunity to learn so much.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.