My name is Johanna Bjork.
My name is Lachlan Toy.
My name is Melissa Haase.
One of the main things I wish I did more was actually reach out to my lecturers and learn about their path to where they were, because there's so much knowledge within RMIT. It would be a waste to not make the most of it. So, I'd say my career superpower is definitely being inquisitive. I love talking to people and when you start asking them genuine questions about, you know, how they got to where they are and what they do, they're more than happy to teach you. And that's been one thing that's definitely helped me get to where I am.
So, my first career challenge was definitely getting my internship while I was studying. I remember applying for at least eight or nine different companies. There's so many different pathways to get to where we want to be. You just have to stay motivated, be resilient and eventually you will get there.
Three things I think everyone should do in their final year of studies are go for coffee. Absolutely, always say yes to coffee and expand your network, absolutely. You will never regret that. Take time for yourself. You know, we're all so focused on advancing our career and trying to smash those career goals. Take some time for yourself. Work will always be there. Look after yourself. I think that's really important.
The third piece of advice I would give people in their final year of studies would be, be really aware of yourself as a brand and make sure you're painting yourself in the light that you want to and for the roles you want to get.
My plan after graduation was to start a business. The plan was also to continue to work where I had done my internship and to find something that I loved doing within marketing. To me, learning is the key to success in both my personal and business life. And if I don't keep on learning and educating myself, then I won't feel that I'm on the path to success.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.