Study International Business
Study International Business
AUDIO: Ambient music
TEXT ON SCREEN: International Business. Learn more about studying International Business at RMIT, RMIT University logo.
VISUAL: Rachel sits and speaks to the camera with the RMIT S.A.B building in the background along with and a red RMIT promotional banner.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Rachel Tyers Bachelor of Business (International Business) (Applied)
RACHEL TYERS SPEAKS: I chose to study International business because I liked how broad it was and it meant that I got to develop a strong understanding of so many different
VISUAL: Rachel writing on a notepad, intercut with Rachel speaking to the camera.
RACHEL TYERS SPEAKS: elements of business and I think the international focus is really important in the business environment today. I chose RMIT because of the course, it sounded like it suited me really well, I’d also had friends that had been through this course and really enjoyed it. For me, the best things about studying at RMIT were the exchange programs.
VISUAL: Rachel pointing with a pen to North America on a fold-out map of the world showing with airline routes. Returns to Rachel speaking to the camera.
RACHEL TYERS SPEAKS: In California and also Mexico I chose to go on exchange in Guadalajara because I wanted it to be really different to my first exchange in California and I wanted the extra challenge with the language barrier on top of that. But for Guadalajara I didn’t speak any Spanish, but I undertook intensive Spanish courses at University which really helped me.
VISUAL: A side-on shot of Rachel at a standing desk working on a computer. Returns to Rachel speaking to the camera. Rachel walking through a hallway at RMIT.
RACHEL TYERS SPEAKS: We get the opportunity to develop so much in these areas. I also enjoyed the 3rd year placement that I got to undertake with L’oreal, learning hands on, it’s so different to learning in a classroom and to have the theory and the practical side of things was really good.
VISUAL: Rachel speaking to the camera. An aerial view of Melbourne’s CBD, overlooking Flinders Street station, Federation Square and St Pauls Cathedral. Returns to Rachel speaking to the camera.
RACHEL TYERS SPEAKS: The location of RMIT was perfect for me, I moved from Shepparton and I’ve lived in Southbank since then for the last five or six years, so it’s really close I’ve just been able to walk to RMIT. I used to study in Clayton and that was horrible like an hour and a half of train and bus each day, each morning, an hour and a half on the way home too. So RMIT is perfect.
VISUAL: Fades to white. RMIT University logo www.rmit.edu.au
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.