VC Martin Bean - Financial Hardship Measures
RMIT VC MARTIN BEAN STUDENT HARDSHIP MEASURES
[Start of Transcript]
RMIT Vice-Chancellor Martin Bean sits and talks directly into camera:
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
Life is certainly very challenging at the moment.
It's not forever but I know for many of our students it's particularly tough financially.
Whether it's the cost of setting yourself up to study online, or the fundamentals of being able to earn enough money to live your life, everything?s become more challenging.
To help, we've expanded our existing Student Hardship Assistance fund and Equity Scholarship fund to provide up to $10 million in immediate, additional support for students impacted by COVID-19.
There are two kinds of grants. One to help you with the tech requirements of studying online, and another to support non-tech expenses like accommodation, healthcare or food.
Applications are open and all the information you need is available on our student site, as well as links to our support channels if you need further advice.
Your health and wellbeing is the most important thing right now, but right behind that is keeping up your studies while we get through this, and we'll support you to make that happen.
So, please, check out your options and ask for the support you need.
You're not alone, you're part of RMIT today and every day.
Take care of yourselves.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.