VC Students Welcome 2019
[Start of Transcript]
RMIT Vice-Chancellor Martin Bean sits and talks directly into camera:
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS: Wominjeka! Welcome to RMIT 2019 everyone!
Whether this is your first year of study, or your returning from a well-earned break, I'd like to encourage you to take advantage of the very best we have to offer at RMIT.
That's about so much more than your studies. It's about finding your place in a diverse and exciting community that will enrich you for decades to come.
The future of work is changing rapidly, I don't need to tell you that. What I can tell you is that RMIT is responding to that change in new and innovative ways.
We recognise you're going to need more than knowledge and capability to succeed.
You'll need team skills, resilience, creativity and the ability to learn and keep learning. And the great thing about RMIT is that we support all of that - and more!
If you reach out, explore and ask around, you'll find ways to expand and express yourself. And you won't regret it.
It's exactly this sense of opportunity that I love about RMIT and hope you do too.
Make the most of it, get involved and shape your own future.
Getting you ready for life and work is why we exist and we look forward to supporting you every step of the way as you shape your future.
Enjoy the year and please say hi if you see me around the University.
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.